Updated: Oct. 4, 2016
Last Revised: 10/03/2016
Attn: Sundeep Kumar
Address: 524 Broadway, New York, New York, 10013
- 2.A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to the LoftSmart and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- 3.Types of Data We Collect. We collect personal information from users, as described below.
- a.Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, phone number, username and password when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
- Our Services enable users seeking to rent apartments and other dwellings (each, a “Renter”) with landlords who list their rental properties on the Services (each, a “Landlord”). As an essential element of connecting Landlords and potential Renters, all users will be asked to create a public profile page (“Profile”) following registration for an Account. If you, as a Renter, apply to a Landlord’s listing via the Services, we will make your Profile accessible to such Landlord. Likewise, if you are a Landlord, we will share your Profile with any Renter who applies to one of your listings.
- If you are a Landlord, we will collect the information you upload or otherwise make available to our Services, including the content of your listings, pricing and availability information. This information will be publicly available to all users of Services.
- If you are a Landlord, we will collect any documents you upload to our Services, including leases. We will share these documents with the persons you designate, such as a potential Renter.
- When you post ratings and reviews on another user’s Profile, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we will collect your email address.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last name, and sometimes postal address to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We also collect personal information at other points in our Services that state that personal information is being collected.
- b.Information Collected via Technology.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any of our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Applications, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages and emails. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- d.Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
- e.Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your device, we will collect your location information and make a map available to provide you with the location of rental properties near you. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
- f.Information Collected via Social Networking Sites. The Services may allow you to log in through social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter (each an “SNS”). By logging in to the Services through an SNS, you consent to our collection of information from the SNS. Any information that we collect from an SNS may depend on your then-current SNS privacy settings, so please consult the SNS’ privacy and data practices and edit privacy settings in the SNS if you choose.
- 4.Use of Your Personal information
- a.General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
●facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
●identify you as a user in our system;
●provide improved administration of our Services;
●provide the Services you request;
●improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site, Applications and Services;
●send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
●send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
●respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
●send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of LoftSmart.
- b.Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site and Application navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- a.Landlords and Renters. If a Renter applies to a Landlord’s listing, we will share each party’s respective Profile with the other. Once you have connected with a Renter (as a Landlord) or with a Landlord (as a Renter) we will share any personal information you designate with the other party.
- b.Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you; to fulfill your order or subscription for any products, services or other goods; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the LoftSmart.
- 6.Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- b.Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your settings within your Account or by sending an email to us at the address listed above. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or backups. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- c.Applications. You can stop all collection of information by an Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- d.Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
- e.Social Networking Services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.